Monday, December 3, 2007

Back in the knitting groove!

I was still having a hard time sitting down and really concentrating on my knitting until this morning. But now my truck is fixed and running like new (yayyyy!) and my financial state is no longer a stress. I am ready to get back to knitting hard core so I can finish up my Christmas projects. I started Blaine's hat last night and finished it this afternoon. I have the second of his gloves and then I really really really really really need to bust ass on his scarf. It's only about 1/3 done. :-S Yeaaaah. I am so behind on it. I should be ok. It took me just about a month to finish up Travis' set and I am already ahead of that mark so I should be fine. It sounds like I am going to have the house to myself tomorrow night so I won't have any excuses to not get in some serious knitting time.

I also ordered the yarn for Logan's scarf. I was having a hard time finding something from my usual sellers (handpaintedyarn.com and 100purewool on eBay) so I was going to go down to Boucle's tomorrow but then I had a genius idea. Knitpicks! Duuuuuuh. Great prices (since I needed 400+ yards) and a lot of colors to choose from. So, I found two colors that I think will look really nice together and really good on Logan. Forest Heather and Amber Heather

Oh, hahaha! I just almost gave away another present that's included in that order. Glad I caught myself! Heehheheee. Annyyyywwwaaaaayyyys...the order won't be here for a couple of weeks, but since I am trying to get Blaine's scarf done before I leave for CA (yes, yes, I am going to be able to go!!!), I'm not too worried about it. We're not doing our gift exchange for the house until I get back so at the very least it will be mostly done by the time I give it to him, lol.

This just in: B approves of the colors for Logan's scarf. We are go, people!

No comments: