Saturday, December 1, 2007

Speedbumps

Does your emotional state affect your knitting? I find that if I am upset or stressed out, I'm not as apt to knit, even when I really need to. I don't know what it is, but if I'm having a bad day, I don't want to pick up my needles. Well, this week has been a perfect example. It's been a bad one. My truck is dying a very horrible death and I am so stressed. I haven't really knit all week (ok, well a little bit on Wednesday during girly-tv-knitting time), until today. Wanda saw a few of the baby hats that I had knit last year for the charity drive (I brought in the leftover ones for a drive at work) and she asked me to knit one for her new grandson. I told her to just take one of the ones that was already done. Then she mentioned that Alan wanted a plain black knit cap for Christmas and she offered to pay me to knit one as well as for the baby hat. So, I was finally inspired to sit down and knit today. I'm almost done with the hat; only an inch before I decrease. They're so fast that it wasn't really a problem to throw it in with my other Christmas knitting. I do need to get on the ball on Blaine's scarf, though. That's a whole other issue.....

No comments: