Sunday, March 2, 2008

While the boy is away, the mouse will knit....or not...

Yeah, so that whole theory about getting a ton of knitting done with Garrett gone didn't really work out. I got some done, but not nearly as much as I expected. I did finish Logan's scarf. He really likes it and it looks really good on him. Of course, I finished it a week before it warmed up too much to be wearing heavy wool scarves, lol! Oh well; it'll keep until next winter.

I was so happy with the hats that I made Garrett. They look great on him and he really liked them. In fact, he wore them almost constantly. But, there's a big problem. I made them out of Simply Soft and they've stretched out so much that they fall off of his head!! I asked around on ravelry and the consensus is that it's the yarn that's a problem. I am going to try wool and see if that works better. I was using Simply Soft so he wouldn't have to worry about getting them dirty or washing them. I got a good suggestion to try superwash wool. I think that's a really good idea because I don't want him to have to worry about giving it back to me to to wash. I have one halfway done in Patons' Merino so if he wants a white one, I'll give that to him and see how he likes it. Of course, I'm looking at other patterns, but so far this one is still my favorite.

I finally got my second pink and black glove started so that should be done soon. Then I'll just have to put a button on my headband and the set will be finished.

I've got a lot on my list, but I'll get it all done eventually!

No comments: