Tuesday, January 29, 2008

*grumble*

ok, so only a few more days without internet. I can do it. I mean, I have no choice, lol. With the absence of my ever-growing queue at my disposal, I have been unable to pare it down in the past two weeks, as I intended. But, all of that dedicated knitting time has not gone to waste!
 
I finished my "A Scarf Askew" and blocked it! That was actually a lot of fun. It's the first real blocking that I've done and it turned out great. I was a little worried about the edges scalloping, but a little tug after the pins were taken out fixed that and left a beautiful, straight edge. It really made the diagonal rib pattern pop out but it thinned out the scarf a lot. I'm not sure if I like that. If I make another one, I might not block it as hard and let the fibers stay relaxed. It did add the little bit of length that I needed though. The biggest challenge....convincing Cookie that it wasn't some neat new toy and that SITTING on the pins probably wasn't a great idea. *sigh* I also whipped up a matching hat. My decreases are awful, but probably barely noticeable to all but the highly trained knitter so it stays as is. I still have a good amount of yarn left over so I think I will make a new Headband out of it.
 
I started a new "Hat Fit for a Boyfriend". I'll finish that up tonight; they knit up soooooo quick. There's going to be a lot of them in the X-mas box, lol. It's been a great stash buster and I really love the way they look.
 
I've been forced to re-visit my pattern books for ideas and projects. Going through my SnB books, I realized that there's a lot less that I want to make now than when I got them. Well, that's not totally true; the Son of SnB still has a lot of novelty for me. I did start a new 'Warm Fuzzies" to use up the Moda Dea Dream that I bought for that pattern. I started a black one, but I don't know if it's even worth it to use anything but basic ribbing. It's so dark and fuzzy that you can't see the mock cable pattern and that's what I loved so much about the one that I made in light blue for Pat. So, I might just rip it out and do a 3x1 rib on it. I also CO for the "Basic Cable" hat in SnB Nation. I think it's cute and I am hoping that Garrett will like it in plain black. It's a little more interesting than the hats he usually wears. If not, it might just be mine or for the X-mas box, lol!.
 
All in all, it hasn't been an unproductive couple of weeks so I'm happy!

No comments: