Sunday, January 13, 2008

I can't think of a clever title at the moment..


I just finished my Quant from the new Knitty. I had to change the pattern to fix a few things that I didn't like. That was actually a lot more fun than I expected. I usually find fixing patterns to be pretty intimidating and tedious. This was just enough for me to learn some new things and feel very accomplished and a lot happier with the resulting FO. I think I would like to try it in a yarn that has shorter color repeats; I think it would make it more interesting.

I noted a lot of this in my pattern notes on Ravelry but the SWS has pretty much no elasticity and after a couple of hours of working with it, my hands start to ache. I'm actually really surprised that so many people have used it for The Headband since a stretchy yarn really makes it, but it seems to be really popular. *shrug*

I really really really need to bust ass on Logan's scarf. I've played the "I just need something really quick so I can feel accomplished" game for too long. I also need to fix Blaine's glove. I need to get them back from him so I can make sure that I make it right this time, lol! I'm having some serious second glove syndrome on my pink and black wristwarmers. I need to just get that done too. I'm going to be so mad if I keep avoiding it and I don't get to wear that set this winter. So much knitting to do!

I have to give credit where credit is due...this was all B's idea. She mentioned that she was going to make small, fast knitted items and put them away in a box to use as random X-mas presents. Just little things that are easy or quick patterns to try out or things that came out fine, but just aren't something to keep. So, I stole the idea, lol! I'm going to do the same thing. I think I just finished my first donation to the box with my Quant today. I like it and it's really pretty, it just doesn't look great on me. It was fast and fun and it gave me a chance to try out the pattern so in the box it goes!

1 comment:

Dame Wendy said...

Very cute! Love it. :)