Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Knitting in the Stone Age

I guess B and Logan took our wireless network with them to the other side of the world. I have no idea what happened but it hasn't been working since the day after they left. I'm now relegated to checking my e-mail at work or on my phone at home. That's it. That's the extent of my internet access for the next week and a half. No Ravelry...yes, you heard me.......NO RAVELRY. No patterns, no notes, no timekilling....nothing. I'm quite frustrated actually because there is a LOT of knitting that I was going to get done during thier trip because I'm pretty much just sitting around the house alone every night.
 
So, now I'm knitting like they did before the internet came along. I'm working some patterns from memory and making some up. I've got a couple of pattern books that I need to use anyway. I have a couple of really simple things that don't really need a pattern and thank god I have the pattern for Danica memorized so I can finish Logan's scarf! Yeah, yeah, I know people have been knitting for centuries without the internet, but you know what? I'm a new generation and I like my craft being globally connected and I miss it!

No comments: