Saturday, November 17, 2007

Entrelac Experimentation

I am seriously hoping that I do not suffer the same fate as last night. I am rested, well fed and refreshed from all too rare shopping trip with B. I haven't though about knitting for the past two and a half hours and I think my brain is ready to rock.

After deciding that making the IK short row hat in two colors would be too much pattern re-writing, I went on the hunt for a real entrelac hat pattern. I found one that I wasn't really impressed with, but it would do. The more I thought about and the more I fought with my gauge swatch (the hat was knit in DK; I'm using worsted), the more discouraged I became about the pattern in general. I wasn't enjoying the struggle I was having before I even started a pattern that was just ok to me.

After thinking about it and bouncing some ideas off of B, I've decided to try and work the Danica pattern into a hat pattern. I am about to start, so wish me luck!!!

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: