Wednesday, November 14, 2007

subconcious self-inflicted punishment

I cooked a delicious dinner last night. Lemon Rosemary chicken breast; juicy, tender, melt in your mouth. Roasted Root Vegetables; the perfect anti-dote to sunset at 4:30 pm. Perfect portions to stuff me for the night and leave me a lunch that wouldn't send me into a food coma at work the next day.
I lovingly packed up my leftovers, picking at the scraps on my plate, unable to resist the deliciousness that I had created and thought about how happy I would be come lunchtime the next day.
I must have known that I was going to be a slacker for the second night in a row and not knit.
I stumbled to the refrigerator this morning, collecting my goodies for the day and was confused that my leftovers container was not where I had left it. Well, with three roommates, things get moved around quite a bit so I shuffled some containers around and checked a couple of drawers...nothing. I stopped and thought about where I stuck it last night and I realized that I had no clear memory of actually putting it in the fridge. With absolute dread, I slowly scanned the dark kitchen and caught sight of several containers on the kitchen counter. I didn't want to, but I knew that one of them had my precious leftovers in it. Indeed, there sat my lovingly prepared dinner/lunch, rotting on the counter.
I will knit tonight, come hell or highwater....or shiny distractions.

No comments: